Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 39 Musings

With the help of Clubman Moustache Wax, a registered trademark of American International Indurstries, Los Angeles, CA 90040, I have made significant progress in feigning a full-fledged handlebar moustache, which, incidentally, I am debating keeping for years to come. The road training has been another story altogether; I attribute my reduced stamina to the drag created by my wax-laden moustache. I have gained a greater appreciation of my dear friend Mike Wallace of Vineyard Enterprises who once said: "There's no doubt about it: you either look good or be warm." For next year's race (preference is given to calling the event a "race" and not a "ride") I propose to atone the disparity between practical matters and vanity by shaving my entire body and devising an altogether new marking initiative entitled "Buff Body for Charity." I already have a photo shoot in mind.
Day 39: photo by Marissa Bognanno of the Boot

No comments:

Post a Comment